You may know of people who work with a personal trainer and achieve results far greater than expected, and are wondering how much the trainer actually contributed to their success.
Why work with a personal trainer, when exercise information and advice are widely available for free online and in print media? Why not do self-directed training at home or at your local fitness center?
Research confirms it…
When you work with a personal trainer you will be fitter, stronger, and increase your lean body mass more effectively than working out in an exercise facility or club on your own.
We have demonstrated for the first time in a fitness club setting that members whose training is directed by well-qualified Personal Trainers administering evidence-based training regimens achieve significantly greater improvements in LBM and other dimensions of fitness than members who direct their own training. 1
Top 10 Reasons to Work With a Personal Trainer
A personal trainer offers much more than just exercise advice and company during a workout:
- A personal trainer is experienced and educated in exercise and biomechanics;
- Offers lifestyle coaching;
- Teaches time management skills;
- Supports and encourages you to stay motivated;
- Tailors your exercise program to your individual needs, fitness & exercise levels;
- Knows your health and injury history. Your workouts will be safe and effective;
- Ensures the right mix of exercise types and recovery periods;
- One-on-one training in a semi-private environment with no distractions to interfere with your workout;
- By making recurring appointments with your Personal Trainer and adding weekly exercise to your schedule, it makes it more likely that you’ll continue to show up;
- You will achieve significantly greater improvements in LBM and other dimensions of fitness than if you directed your own training (view abstract link below).
Once you start taking advantage and enjoying your sessions and the benefits your personal trainer provides, you’ll find it’s something you just can’t live without!
Body Form Fitness is a small studio gym in Scarborough that exclusively offers one-on-one personal training in a semi-private environment. Serving clients in Scarborough, Toronto, Mississauga, Pickering, Ajax and Markham, we build you a customized fitness/exercise program based on your needs and let our personal trainers guide you through your program in 30-minute sessions.
Kick-start your fitness regime today by booking your complementary consultation!
Together, we can make it happen!
View Complete Abstract:
1 “Effect of Supervised, Periodized Exercise Training vs. Self-Directed Training on Lean Body Mass and Other Fitness Variables in Health Club Members” Storer, TW, Dolezal, BA, Berenc, MN, Timmins, JE, and Cooper, CB., Published July 2014. <http://journals.lww.com/nsca jscr/Citation/2014/07000/Effect_of_Supervised,_Periodized_Exercise_Training.25.aspx>.